This dish uses our Bacon Misshapes as they are full of flavour.Cod is used but you can use haddock,halibut,pollock and even smoked fish for an amazing alternative.
Cooking time 35 minutes
- 350g Bacon Misshapes-no need to cut or trim,use straight from the pack
- Couple knobs of butter
- 1 onion diced
- Couple leeks-wash and cut into rings
- 500g small potatoes-wash,leave the skins on,cut in half.
- 1.5 ltrs vegetable stock
- 25g flour.
- 100g button mushrooms
- Pinch English mustard powder
- 1kg Cod fillet diced in chunks.
- 100g grated cheese-grate a good cheddar yourself as apposed to the shop bought variety.
- 200ml double cream
- Handful fresh parsley
- Pinch black pepper
Fry the bacon misshapes in their own fat until they are brown all over.Put to one side.
Add the butter to the pan and melt,add the onion,leeks and mushrooms.Cook on a medium heat for about 3 mins,reduce the heat,add half litre of the vegetable stock and put a lid on.Leave for 5 minutes.
Next stir in the flour,mustard,black pepper and add the rest of the stock.Add the cream .Bring the pan back to the boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for a few minutes.
Add the fish,cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes
Add the cheese and stir in.Check the seasoning
Now roughly chop the parsley and sprinkle over the top.
Its now ready to serve.